All of us PC users know that one of the first steps in purchasing a new computer is install a good antivirus. These are able to protect all our files and data against possible malicious attacks and thus save us more headaches. And is that as the world is today, the Internet is a dangerous environment with a lot of viruses and malware circulating, waiting to find an unsuspecting person who has left their PC unprotected.
However, when it comes to cell phones, things are changing. Do we really need an antivirus? Many Android phone users think this is unnecessary and only serves to decrease the performance of their device. And if iPhone is virus protected, why would Android be any different. On top of all this, viruses only attack Windows computers … or not?
In today’s article we will explain in detail whether it is necessary to have an antivirus installed on your Android mobile. This way you will get out of any doubts and by the way, you will be sure to protect your personal data from any kind of malicious attack. We hope this helps you!
Is it necessary to install an antivirus on your Android phone?
Categorically yesI. In fact, don’t hesitate and if you don’t have one installed on your mobile, you can start downloading one. Even if you think that Android smartphones do not suffer from malicious attacks since they do not use the Windows operating system, you are wrong. In fact, in recent years, the number of virus, Spyware, malware and malicious mobile applications have only increased, reaching alarming levels.
He thinks that we keep a large part of our life inside our mobile. There you will find photographs and private conversations to access your email or applications to access your bank account or make all kinds of purchases. Unsurprisingly, it’s a popular target for all types of hackers and identity thieves.
It is very likely that if you have friends with a iPhone mobile these actively and passively tell you that smartphones are virus-proof. This is completely wrong, although the iOS operating system experiences much less malicious attack than an Android, that does not mean that it is virus free. Thus, in the same way as one would do with his desktop or laptop computer, it is strictly necessary install an antivirus on your Android mobile to avoid further damage.
How does a virus get into an Android mobile?
We all know how a virus gets to our PC. This can happen through an infected file in our email, through malicious download and even by visiting web pages which take advantage of a security hole in our browser. However… How do they access our mobile?
The methods of entering viruses and malware into our smartphone are very similar to those of our PC. These can arrive through an infected document or visit a malicious web page. However, the most common method that endangers our phone is the App downloads outside of the Play Store.
Download e install a third party application In the format APK is exposing us to the apparently safe file infecting our cell phone. Keep in mind that the app you are going to install has not been verified by Google and therefore you do not have any kind of virus free security.
Are all apps on Google Play safe?
Google Play is generally a safe environment where to download your apps. These promise to have been checked by Google for viruses and are generally virus free. However, the app store is not bulletproof and among its thousands of apps it is also hiding malware.
Fortunately there are little things With which you can easily detect whether a Google Play app is safe and you can install it on your mobile safely. Just follow these simple tips:
- Avoid downloading new apps Before downloading an app, it is always recommended to check the release date. An app that just appeared on Google Play has not been tested by other users and therefore has little reviews. It is recommended to always wait a reasonable amount of time to check if there is a user reported issue in the comments section.
- Always read all reviews before downloading the app- Every Google Play app has a reviews section where other users give their opinions on the product. It is important that before downloading an app, you take a few minutes to read these reviews. There you will see if the application is reliable or if, on the contrary, a user has detected that it contains malware that could endanger your mobile.
- Check if the app has an official page- A simple but effective way to find out if an app is suspected of having a virus or malware is to check if it has an official page. If it lacks some and is touted as a great app, you may start to suspect that it is hiding something bad.
- Look at the number of downloads- The fact that an app has many downloads is not an unequivocal sign of its security. However, if you combine the large number of downloads with a positive Google Play score and good reviews, you can breathe easy because the app is safe.
- Take a look at the rest of its developer apps Another point that will help you see if an app is legitimate or if it is just malware is to look at the rest of the developer’s apps. If you see that all of them are copies of official apps or you see that they offer impossible services, it is very likely that this is a trap.
- Use common sense- If an app gives you a bad feeling, either because of its icons, name, or simply because it doesn’t offer images of its interface, don’t download it. Your mobile will thank you.
The best free antivirus for Android
Now that you know that it is absolutely necessary to have a good antivirus installed on your Android mobile, you are probably wondering which one to download. To help you in this task, we will provide you with a list of free antivirus that we love most of this 2020.
Avast Mobile Security
Avast Antivirus It is one of the best options to protect your Android mobile from any kind of internet attack. this is very powerful but at the same time light, this will not affect the performance of your mobile at any time.
Avast is able to detect and eliminate any infection attempt in real timeso you don’t have to worry at any time about encountering a virus or malware. On top of that, its database is updated very frequently, so you will always be protected.
With years of experience and impeccable results, Avast Mobile Security is a must have on any smartphone. And it’s free!
You can download Avast Mobile Security quickly and comfortably under these lines.
AVG Free Antivirus 2020
AVG Antivirus is another great free option to protect your smartphone. This is very powerful and stands out not only for its large virus and malware database, but also for quickly detecting any kind of suspicious behavior in any of your apps.
Some of the most notable features of AVG Antivirus are, besides detecting infections, protect your mobile from any type of theft. From there, you can track your stolen smartphone, block it remotely, and wipe your data.
As a very interesting point, AVG Antivirus is capable of analyze the Wi-Fi network in which you are logged in to see if it is reliable, thus adding an extra layer of protection to your mobile.
You can download AVG Antivirus Free quickly and safely under these lines.
McAfee Mobile Security
McAfee Mobile Security it is, together with Avast and AVG, the best free antivirus that you can install on your mobile. In fact, it is able to detect viruses and malware so effectively that it scored 100/100 in the AV test.
In addition to being a good antivirus, McAfee Mobile Security includes a selection of anti-theft functions as well as a suite of tools to improve performance from your smartphone.
But it doesn’t all end there, McAfee Mobile Security understands the importance of privacy when surfing the Internet and incorporates tools to prevent the collection of your data. This way, you won’t have to worry about apps or websites selling your information to third parties.
You can download McAfee Mobile Security quickly and comfortably under these lines.
We hope our article has helped you understand why it is so important have a good antivirus installed on your Android mobile. Are you using any that we haven’t included in the list? Share it with us in the comments section!